This full time Master Degree programme of two years duration focuses on gaining advanced knowledge and exclusive Physiotherapeutic skills in 5 specialty programmes based on 5 clinical specialties.
programme Recognition: Maharashtra State Council for Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy (MSOTPT)
- Master of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Master of Neuro Physiotherapy
- Master of Cardiovascular Pulmonary Physiotherapy & Fitness
- Master of Preventive and Community Physiotherapy
- Master of Sport Physiotherapy
Highlights of MPT training at MGM School of Physiotherapy, Navi Mumbai
- Extensive clinical “Hands on Training” focuses on rotational clinical assignments in respective specialty subject throughout programme at community, primary and tertiary health care level.
- Students are engaged in ongoing focused clinical training through participation in special patient support groups such as Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Respiratory conditions etc.
- In addition to didactic /laboratory and clinical “hands on” training, programme also include seminars, case presentations, journal article reading and appraisal and administrative work under the supervision of faculty members.
- During this programme, candidate prepares and submits the protocol of dissertation based on selected specialty during Semester-I and will be required to submit completed research manuscript before end of Semester IV.
- Clinical and research training from National and International experts in various specialty areas.
- MPT Outcome: programme is designed to build skills and offer training in academic, clinical and research
- Students are encouraged to present and publish their dissertation.
Outline of BPT curriculum:
programme has four semesters:
Semester – I:Topics like Administration and management, Ethics, teaching technology and research methodology are included in this semester. This semester is common for all four specialties.
Semester – II:This semester includes teaching training in the relevant aspect of each allied and applied subject according to the respective specialties.
Semester – III: This semester includes topics related to recent advances in evaluation and management according to the respective specialties.
Semester – IV: This semester is exclusively based on the elective subject opted by the student