Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is of four and half years duration affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences (MGMIHS), Navi Mumbai.
Academic years are designated as:
- 1st Semester (6 Months duration)
- 2nd Semester (6 Months duration)
- 3rd Semester (6 Months duration)
- 4th Semester (6 Months duration)
- 5th Semester (6 Months duration)
- 6th Semester (6 Months duration)
- 7th Semester (6 Months duration)
- 8th Semester (6 Months duration)
Programme Recognition: Maharashtra State Council for Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy (MSOTPT)
Highlights of training at MGM School of Physiotherapy, Navi Mumbai:
- Problem based learning approach and innovative educational strategies are used to facilitate integration of clinical and basic sciences.
- Eminent experts in field of Physiotherapy are invited to address students and update them on recent advances on various specialty areas.
- Students are posted across various hospitals of Mahatma Gandhi Mission Trust situated at Kalamboli, Kamothe & Vashi under supervision of teaching faculty.
- Clinical training is provided in areas namely Out Patient Department, Dept. of Medicine, Burns, MICU, Dept. of surgery, SICU, Orthopaedics & Trauma centre, Dept. of Gynaecology, Paediatrics & NICU & Hand Clinic.
- Students are engaged in ongoing focused clinical training through participation in special patient support groups such as Parkinson’s disease, Stroke, Respiratory conditions etc.
- Additionally students are posted in old age homes, Industrial settings, and Community health settings, special schools and MGM World Spine Care Clinic in the vicinity of MGM School of Physiotherapy, Navi Mumbai.
- Training in research is incorporated from the beginning of programme & encouraged throughout. Students are encouraged to present and publish their projects.
- MGM School of Physiotherapy, Navi Mumbai encourages students to organize and / or participate in various academic, sports & cultural activities at college, inter college & national level